FAQ for Organisations or Employers
- How does personality assessment work? By analysing a combination of personality and core values, we gain an understanding of (1) whether you can do a particular job, (2) whether you will like doing the job, and (3) what will get in your way.
- My company used personality assessments before. What makes Hogan Assessments different? The assessments and reports were developed with strict attention to proven psychological theory, are continuously tested to ensure validity, and have consistently received outstanding reviews from third party sources.
- Can people fake it? The short answer is no. The long answer is in this blog entry.
- I want to use your assessments at my company. How do I get started? For new customers we always recommend contacting our consultants to have a talk with us about your organisation's needs and what the best solution would be for you and your test persons. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How much do your reports cost? Each of our customers faces a unique set of challenges, the solutions to which go beyond the capabilities of a one-size-fits-all assessment solution. Because our approach is specific to each client based on selection or development needs, our pricing varies. To learn more, please contact us email@example.com.
- Do I have to be certified to use your assessments and reports? Yes, to purchase Hogan Assessment Reports you need to be certified in Hogan Assessments. Learn more about our Certification Workshops here.
- Why do I need to be certified? We require you to be certified because we want you to succeed. By ensuring the proper training, we (1) empower you with a more complete understanding and ability to interpret the inherently complex data that our assessments provide and (2) guarantee our products are used ethically and legally.
- Do I have to get certified more than once, like if I use a new report or move companies? No, once you have successfully completed the certification process, you are authorized to use our tools forever. However, few of the reports need an extra certification.
FAQ for Assessment Participants
- What will my assessments be used for? Hogan Assessments are used for several reasons, including: pre-hire selection, assessing safety related behaviour, identifying high potential employees, and developing leaders.
- How does personality assessment work? By analysing your unique combination of values, normal personality characteristics, and derailers, we can gain an understanding of what motivates you to succeed, how you work and how well you work with others, and what is most likely to get in your way.
- What should I expect? You will be taking one, or a combination of our core assessments: the Hogan Personality Inventory (HPI), Hogan Development Survey (HDS) or Motives, Values, Preferences Inventory (MVPI).
- How long is this going to take? The HPI, HDS, and MVPI assessments consist of brief statements using True/False or Agree/Disagree responses, and on average take 15-20 minutes to complete.
- Is there a way to prepare for the assessments? No. The questions in our personality and values assessments are designed to help us understand how you relate to yourself and others. As such, there are no right or wrong answers or good or bad results, so just be honest.
- Where do I start? Your system administrator will send you a unique user ID and password, as well as a link to log into our online assessment platform, found at www.gotohogan.com
- I am an individual who wants to take your assessments. We recognize that strategic self-awareness is a critical component of career success, and that Hogan Assessments are the most effective tools for building that self-awareness in combination with a personal Feedback from one our consultants. If you wish to complete a Hogan Assessment please contact us.
- Is there a way to see my results? Whether or not you see your assessment results is up to your system administrator.